Reality TV Morons

Reality TV Morons

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Bethenny Frankel does Skating with the Stars.

Can we talk about Bethenny Frankel and her show “Bethenny ever after?”  Okay great, thanks.  I haven’t recapped this show before so let’s start with the last episode.
Bethenny wants to have a party for her 40th birthday.  Well actually she is a little on the fence because she isn’t sure if 40 is a real milestone.  I say every year after 25 is a frickin’ milestone.  So Beth gets none other than Shawn, who if  you remember, helped her plan her wedding.  Shawn is a saint.  He should be Saint Shawn.  While we love Bethenny, she is high strung, out spoken but knows what she wants, how she wants it and when she wants it.  ((And I’m not just talking about S-E-X either)).

Beth & Jason talk about the number of people that should be fortunate enough to be invited to her birthday bash.  She thinks 35-40.  He wants to include a group of friends that are couples.  That will “up” the guest list and she doesn’t want to do that.  He tells her that his friends are her friends.  And thanks to that statement, I had my old girl scout song stuck in my head – you know the one – “cause my friends are your friends and your friends are my friends.  The more we get together the happier we’ll be.”

Beth gets a phone call from her publicist.  I really wish I were important enough to have a publicist.  I don’t know what for but I just want to say “Hey, my publicist called today.”  It sounds impressive.  Anyways, the publicist says Skating with the Stars wants Beth to be on their show.  Beth doesn’t know what the show is.  Publicist says “It’s like Dancing with the Stars but on ice.”  Beth gets all giddy.  She LOVES ice skating (even though she hasn’t done it in years) but more importantly, she likes the tutu’s, false eyelashes and the glitter.  She will do it just for the glitter!

Doing ice dancing however means she has to spend her time going between L.A. & New York and Jason isn’t too happy about that.  Luckily for Beth, Jason is NOTHING like Jim Bellino from RHOC and actually ALLOWS his wife to travel without him.  Beth meets her skating partner,
Ethan Burgess, where she makes him cry when she mentions how famous he was because he would have gone to the Olympics but he fell and his Olympic dreams fell with him.  ((Okay he didn’t really cry, I’m totally making that shit up.))  Even though Beth is in great shape, the workouts are killer.  She wants to develop Ethan’s rock hard arse which he assures her she will have by the end of their pairing together.

Now it’s time to go on a double date with her gay friend Jake.  Jake met Barry at a buffet and they meet him at the restaurant.  Jason is THRILLED because Jake looks just like him and he feels like he is on a date with, well, himself!  They have the most delicious inappropriate conversations about body piercings and other things to that nature.  It’s fun.  They are fun.  It’s nice to see Beth Hoppy. 
J

The other thing I like about this show is watching Beth visit her shrink every week.  I’m all about mental health help.  The truth is, I can’t afford my own, so by watching her appointments, I feel as if I am getting my own little therapy session – and it’s free! #WINNING!!  She talked about her now deceased Dad and how every year on her birthday, his secretary/bookkeeper would send her a card with $500.  He didn’t even sign it himself.  Look, I’m a gonna keep it one hundred with you people, I wouldn’t care if I was or was not talking to my Pop, if he sent me $500 every year on my birthday, I would be one happy girl.  But that’s just me.  We also learned that Beth and her estranged Mom share the same birthday. 

Next week it is her birthday and she can cry if she wants to.  We just don’t know why she wants to – yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment